Champs Season Exceptions for Aging Up – Info for Silver and Bronze
- We’ve recently updated the Silver Champs TM File to include the standards for the 15&O.
- Please use these newly-posted entry files for entry submission.
- Remember, all 15&O swimmers can swim events in which they do not qualify for Senior Champs. There are no bottom cuts for the 15&O Age Group because that age group is not represented at Bronze Champs.
- Because we did not receive a second bid for Bronze Champs, we had to make some changes to the meet so that the timeline is more balanced than in previous years.
- Morning Session: Swimmers 9-11, compete together, awarded by single age.
- Afternoon Session: Swimmers 12-14, compete together, awarded by single age.
- Why was this necessary?
Last year we had 428 swimmers aged 11-14 and 197 swimmers aged 9-10. If you resort those numbers based on the changes to this year’s format you get: 341 swimmers aged 9-11 and 284 swimmers age 12-14. With only one site, this is the best possible alternative to having a 9-10 session and a 12-14 session.
Champs Season Exceptions for Aging Up
Situation 1: Swimmer cannot compete in Mini or Bronze due to B-Day on or between Mar 12-17.
- Resolution: The swimmers can compete in Bronze as a 9-year-old.
- Please email Bronze Meet Director for instructions on how to add these 8-year-olds.
Situation 2: Swimmer cannot compete on Bronze or Silvers because B-Day is on or between Mar 12-24.
- Resolution: The swimmer can compete in Bronze in the next age group
- EX: 12-year-old turns 13 on Mar 14. Swimmer competes in 13-14 at Bronze.
- Please email Bronze Meet Director for instructions on how to add these swimmers.
Other Situations: If you have another situation that prevents your swimmer from participating in a Champs meet based on how MA Champs Meets are scheduled, please contact Mike Seip @ firstname.lastname@example.org