MA House of Delegates – Saturday, April 29, 2017
Middle Atlantic Swimming Annual House of Delegates – April 29, 2017. All members of Middle Atlantic Swimming are invited to attend the annual House of Delegates Meeting.
Upper Dublin Community Center
801 Loch Alsh Avenue
Fort Washington, PA 19034.
Every club has three votes – one coach member, one athlete member and one non-coach/non-athlete member. All delegates must be members in good standing with USA Swimming in order to vote. The coach member must be up to date on all certifications. These delegates were named on your club registration paperwork submitted in the fall when the club was renewed for 2017. Please review your delegate choices and let the Middle Atlantic office know NOW if there are changes.
2017 House of Delegates Meeting Day Itinerary
|8:30-9:30am||All Clubs hosting meets – Meet Host’s Meeting|
|9:30-12:30pm||Officials Committee – Referee and Starter Recertification Clinic (by Invitation Only)|
|9:45-10:45am||Meet Directors/Meet Hosts – Best Practices by Meet Directors|
|9:45-11:15am||Coaches /Technical Planning – Scheduling Championships, Progress, Analysis, Improved Performance|
|11:30- 12:30 PM||Senior Committee (Age Group Committee encouraged to attend) open to all Coaches|
|11:30-12:30 PM||Athletes Committee Meeting|
|12:30 PM||Lunch Provided for House of Delegates Meeting|
|12:30 PM||Registration for House of Delegates Meeting (Including Board of Directors Elections)|
|1:00 PM||House of Delegates Meeting|
WHY GO TO THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES MEETING?
- Each club has a voice at the annual meeting. Many decisions that affect the LSC for the upcoming year and longer are discussed and voted on.
- Each club gets to vote in the Board of Directors elections.
- To attend education workshops for officials, coaches, meet directors, club officers, parents and swimmers.
- To be a part of the LSC’s path.
- To share ideas with others in the MA swimming community.
- To explore getting involved on the LSC level.